Assistant Scientist – Assay Systems
Location: Madison, WI
Position Description: Empirico, an early-stage biotechnology company, is looking for an assistant scientist with a strong background in performing biomarker assays. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced scientist that desires to make meaningful contributions in the discovery and validation of new therapeutic targets. You will work closely with other scientists that have a passion for finding novel approaches toward the treatment and prevention of disease.
Your responsibilities will include establishing and performing a wide variety of biochemical and molecular biological assays designed to provide insights into gene function in in vitro and cell culture models. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in both protein-based and nucleic acid-based assay systems, be highly organized, and enjoys working in a team environment. You will be expected to:
- Perform a wide variety of biomarker assays
- Aid in the creation of experimental protocols and SOPs
- Maintain detailed experimental records
- Analyze and communicate experimental results
- Perform general laboratory duties including the ordering of reagents/supplies
- Be a team player who enjoys an open environment where you can contribute in highly meaningful and impactful ways
- B.S. in molecular biology, biochemistry or related field with 2+ years of experience in a laboratory setting
- Hands on experience of assay systems including ELISA, AlphaLISA, RT-qPCR, reporter gene systems, Luminex
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience in cell culture techniques is a plus
- Previous industry experience is preferred
- Applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.
Empirico is a venture-backed, next-generation therapeutics company founded on utilizing huge biological datasets, human genetics and programmable biology to power novel target discovery and development. Empirico’s Precision Insights Platform™ was purpose-built for therapeutic discovery and leverages a world-leading dataset and advanced algorithmic approaches to identify and prioritize therapeutic targets with a high probability of translational success. High priority therapeutic targets are experimentally validated in-house prior to progressing through pre-clinical development with the most optimal therapeutic modality. Empirico is headquartered in San Diego, CA with laboratories in Madison, WI.
To all agencies: Please do not contact any employee of Empirico about this position. All resumes submitted by agencies to any employee of Empirico via-email or in any form and by any method will be deemed the sole property of Empirico, unless such agencies were engaged by Empirico for this position and a valid agreement is in place.
Empirico is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.