Associate Scientist – Oligonucleotide Chemistry
Position Title: Associate Scientist – Oligonucleotide Chemistry
Location: Madison, WI
Position Description: Empirico, an early-stage biotechnology company, is looking for an entry-level chemist with an interest in solid phase oligonucleotide synthesis and analytics. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, creative scientist to be a vital member of our team.
- Perform solid phase synthesis, purification, and characterization of oligonucleotides and oligonucleotide conjugates
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate synthetic and analytical results
- Troubleshoot and optimize current procedures
- Multitask and work on several different projects concurrently
- Maintain inventory of reagents and consumables
- S./M.S. chemistry or biochemistry with understanding of organic and analytical chemistry
- Experience working in a chemistry lab
- Experience with high-performance liquid chromatography
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.
- 0-3 years’ relevant work experience preferably in solid phase synthesis
- Experience with RPIP-HPLC, AEX-HPLC, UV, NMR, LCMS, MALDI, HRMS is highly desired
- Analytical or purification method development experience using RPIP-HPLC and AEX-HPLC
Empirico is a venture-backed, next-generation therapeutics company founded on utilizing huge biological datasets, human genetics and programmable biology to power novel target discovery and development. Empirico’s Precision Insights Platform was purpose-built for therapeutic discovery and leverages a world-leading dataset and advanced algorithmic approaches to identify and prioritize therapeutic targets with a high probability of translational success. High priority therapeutic targets are experimentally validated in-house prior to progressing through pre-clinical development with the most optimal therapeutic modality. Empirico is headquartered in San Diego, CA with laboratories in Madison, WI.
To all agencies: Please do not contact any employee of Empirico about this position. All resumes submitted by agencies to any employee of Empirico via-email or in any form and by any method will be deemed the sole property of Empirico, unless such agencies were engaged by Empirico for this position and a valid agreement is in place.
Empirico is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.