Location: San Diego, CA
Position Description: Empirico, an early-stage biotechnology company, is looking for a talented software engineer that is motivated by the opportunity to build scalable data systems that power the discovery of new medicines. You will work closely with a team of engineers and computational scientists to build and extend Empirico’s data infrastructure, which include cloud-based systems and services that operate on some of the largest biological datasets in the world.
Your responsibilities will focus around designing and implementing robust and extensible data systems. You will be expected to:
- Design and implement scalable data infrastructure and pipelines
- Implement scalable algorithms in a distributed systems setting
- Collaborate closely with an interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers to address system pain points
- Improve developer efficiency and system quality through emphasis on elegant code
- Advocate for systems and engineering practice improvements
- 2+ years professional experience designing and developing software on modern distributed data systems
- Experience processing and analyzing large and heterogeneous datasets
- Strong technical skillset that spans a broad range of technologies, programming languages, and paradigms
- Passionate about systems thinking and drive towards elegant and automated solutions to data problems
- Experience with Spark and Scala or other functional programming language is a plus
- Applicants must have authorization to work in the United States
Empirico is a venture-backed, next-generation therapeutics company founded on utilizing huge biological datasets, human genetics and programmable biology to power novel target discovery and development. Empirico’s Precision Insights Platform was purpose-built for therapeutic discovery and leverages a world-leading dataset and advanced algorithmic approaches to identify and prioritize therapeutic targets with a high probability of translational success. High priority therapeutic targets are experimentally validated in-house prior to progressing through pre-clinical development with the most optimal therapeutic modality. Empirico is headquartered in San Diego, CA with laboratories in Madison, WI.
To all agencies: Please do not contact any employee of Empirico about this position. All resumes submitted by agencies to any employee of Empirico via-email or in any form and by any method will be deemed the sole property of Empirico, unless such agencies were engaged by Empirico for this position and a valid agreement is in place.
Empirico is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.