Laboratory Assistant (Temporary, Part-Time)
Position Title: Laboratory Assistant (Temporary, Part-Time)
Location: Madison, WI
Position Description: Empirico, a human genetics-focused biotechnology company, is looking for a laboratory assistant to help with routine laboratory operations. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience working at a highly innovative biotechnology company and with experienced scientists that have a passion for finding novel approaches toward the treatment and prevention of disease. This is a part-time, temporary position and you will typically be asked to work approximately 10-15 hours per week.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ordering of reagents/supplies
- Shipping and receiving packages
- Inventory management
- Filing and organization of MSDS forms
- General laboratory housekeeping including dishwashing, autoclaving, and waste removal
- You will also have the opportunity to perform routine laboratory assays and reagent preparation and to receive training in these techniques, if required
- High School diploma or equivalent (B.S in molecular biology or related field is a plus)
- Previous experience working in a laboratory environment (experience performing routine laboratory assays and reagent preparation is a plus)
- Applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.
Empirico is a venture-backed, next-generation therapeutics company founded on utilizing huge biological datasets, human genetics and programmable biology to power novel target discovery and development. Empirico is headquartered in San Diego, CA with laboratories in Madison, WI.
Empirico is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To all agencies: Please do not contact any employee of Empirico about this position.