Location: San Diego, CA or Remote
Position Description: Empirico, an early-stage biotechnology company, is looking for a talented software engineer that is motivated by the opportunity to design and build systems that make our data-driven methods of discovering new medicines more efficient. This role requires close collaboration with a team of engineers and computational scientists working on large-scale, cloud-based infrastructure.
Your responsibilities will focus around designing and implementing robust and extensible infrastructure that supports critical engineering and scientific processes. You will be expected to:
- Spearhead the design and implementation of systems and tools that accelerate the development, testing, and deployment of mission critical infrastructure, applications, and workflows.
- Integrate and take ownership of a modernized operations toolchain
- Collaborate closely with an interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers to address system pain points
- Integrate metrics systems that allow us to monitor and make data driven decisions to improve platform performance
- Advocate for systems and engineering practice improvements
- 3+ years designing and developing modern infrastructure systems and tools
- Experience operating and maintaining large distributed systems
- Strong technical skillset that spans a broad range of technologies, programming languages, and paradigms
- Passionate about systems thinking and drive towards elegant and automated solutions to operational problems
- Must be able to provide links to relevant open source code, contributions, or publications
- Applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.
Empirico is a venture-backed, next-generation therapeutics company founded on utilizing huge biological datasets, human genetics and programmable biology to power novel target discovery and development. Empirico’s Precision Insights Platform™ was purpose-built for therapeutic discovery and leverages a world-leading dataset and advanced algorithmic approaches to identify and prioritize therapeutic targets with a high probability of translational success. High priority therapeutic targets are experimentally validated in-house prior to progressing through pre-clinical development with the most optimal therapeutic modality. Empirico is headquartered in San Diego, CA with laboratories in Madison, WI.
To all agencies: Please do not contact any employee of Empirico about this position. All resumes submitted by agencies to any employee of Empirico via-email or in any form and by any method will be deemed the sole property of Empirico, unless such agencies were engaged by Empirico for this position and a valid agreement is in place.
Empirico is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Continue reading →