Program and Alliance Manager
Location: San Diego, CA
Position Description: Empirico, an early-stage biotechnology company, is looking for a Program and Alliance Manager to provide operational leadership across a number of early-stage therapeutic programs and collaborations with external parties. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly-motivated, creative and organized scientist to be a vital member of a team of experts dedicated to identifying new disease targets and translating those insights into therapeutic programs.
Your responsibilities will include monitoring and driving the execution of program and collaboration goals and deliverables. You will be expected to:
- Collaboratively develop, track and manage project plans for internal programs
- Coordinate project tasks and deliverables across internal teams and external service providers
- Contribute to resource planning, financial and capacity assessments
- Organize and lead internal and external meetings including agenda, materials and action items
- Manage and track interactions and deliverables with external partners and collaborators
- Regularly communicate accurate project progress
- Anticipate potential risks or delays, act to minimize them and develop backup strategies
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and collaborate to implement them
- This position requires a MS or PhD in life sciences with experience in program management in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Familiarity with the process, language and tools of drug discovery and development
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills and the ability to multi-task several projects at once
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and project management tools
- Applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.
Empirico is a venture-backed, next-generation therapeutics company founded on utilizing huge biological datasets, human genetics and programmable biology to power novel target discovery and development. Empirico’s Precision Insights Platform™ was purpose-built for therapeutic discovery and leverages a world-leading dataset and advanced algorithmic approaches to identify and prioritize therapeutic targets with a high probability of translational success. High priority therapeutic targets are experimentally validated in-house prior to progressing through pre-clinical development with the most optimal therapeutic modality. Empirico is headquartered in San Diego, CA with laboratories in Madison, WI.
To all agencies: Please do not contact any employee of Empirico about this position. All resumes submitted by agencies to any employee of Empirico via-email or in any form and by any method will be deemed the sole property of Empirico, unless such agencies were engaged by Empirico for this position and a valid agreement is in place.
Empirico is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.