Scientist – Assay Development
Position Title: Scientist – Assay Development
Location: Madison, WI
Position Description: Empirico, an early-stage biotechnology company, is looking for a talented scientist to join our development team to help advance our growing pipeline. This position offers a unique opportunity to participate and support multiple projects across different stages of preclinical development in multiple therapeutic areas. You will work closely with other scientists that have a passion for finding novel approaches toward the treatment and prevention of disease.
Your responsibilities will include establishing and performing a wide variety of biochemical and molecular biological assays intended to provide key study readouts. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in both protein-based and nucleic acid-based assay systems, be highly organized, and enjoy working in a team environment. You will be expected to:
- Work with senior scientific staff to execute analytical aspects of study protocols, such as: design and implementation of specialized biomarker assays (single- and multi-plex ELISAs, bead-based immunoassays, and quantitative PCR)
- Recognize analytical and experimental design challenges and actively provide insight into solutions.
- Perform data analysis, statistics, data quality testing and result verification, and graphical representation of data for reports and presentations.
- Present research findings to project teams
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab and perform critical experiments
- PhD in biochemistry, immunology, pharmacology, or related field
- 0-2+ years post-PhD experience (postdoc or industry) is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of cellular and molecular biology techniques (qRT-PCR, cell-based assays, Western blot, immunoassays – ELISA, AlphaLISA, Luminex, etc.)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.
Empirico is a venture-backed, next-generation therapeutics company founded on utilizing huge biological datasets, human genetics and programmable biology to power novel target discovery and development. Empirico’s Precision Insights Platform was purpose-built for therapeutic discovery and leverages a world-leading dataset and advanced algorithmic approaches to identify and prioritize therapeutic targets with a high probability of translational success. High priority therapeutic targets are experimentally validated in-house prior to progressing through pre-clinical development with the most optimal therapeutic modality. Empirico is headquartered in San Diego, CA with laboratories in Madison, WI.
To all agencies: Please do not contact any employee of Empirico about this position. All resumes submitted by agencies to any employee of Empirico via-email or in any form and by any method will be deemed the sole property of Empirico, unless such agencies were engaged by Empirico for this position and a valid agreement is in place.
Empirico is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.