Senior Scientist / Associate Director – Preclinical Development
Location: Madison, WI
Position Description: Empirico, an early-stage biotechnology company, is looking for a talented scientist to join our Development team to help advance our growing pipeline. This position offers a unique opportunity to participate and support multiple projects across different stages of preclinical development in multiple therapeutic areas. You will work closely with other scientists that have a passion for finding novel approaches toward the treatment and prevention of disease.
Your responsibilities will include the validation of potential new targets, aiding in drug discovery efforts, as well as establishing pharmacological readouts for pipeline candidates. You will be expected to:
- Develop and conduct in vitro biochemical and cell-based assays with cell lines, primary cells, and animal tissue and blood samples
- Design and perform new and existing assays based on project requirements in collaboration with the scientific team, accurately document findings, analyze data and communicate key scientific data internally
- Work with outside vendors and partners to establish assays that advance project goals
- Stay up to date on scientific literature and technical advances in relevant fields
- Be a team player who enjoys an open environment where you can contribute in highly meaningful and impactful ways
- PhD in biochemistry, cell biology, genetics, pharmacology, or related field
- 2+ years Post-PhD experience (Postdoc or Industry) is a plus
- Experience with mammalian cell culture (primary cell culture experience preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of cellular and molecular biology techniques (qRT-PCR, cell-based assays, Western blot, immunoassays – ELISA, AlphaLISA, Luminex, etc.)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.
Empirico is a venture-backed, next-generation therapeutics company founded on utilizing huge biological datasets, human genetics and programmable biology to power novel target discovery and development. Empirico’s Precision Insights Platform was purpose-built for therapeutic discovery and leverages a world-leading dataset and advanced algorithmic approaches to identify and prioritize therapeutic targets with a high probability of translational success. High priority therapeutic targets are experimentally validated in-house prior to progressing through pre-clinical development with the most optimal therapeutic modality. Empirico is headquartered in San Diego, CA with laboratories in Madison, WI.
To all agencies: Please do not contact any employee of Empirico about this position. All resumes submitted by agencies to any employee of Empirico via-email or in any form and by any method will be deemed the sole property of Empirico, unless such agencies were engaged by Empirico for this position and a valid agreement is in place.
Empirico is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.