Senior Scientist – Oligonucleotide Chemistry
Location: Madison, WI
Position Description: Empirico, an early-stage biotechnology company, is looking for a senior scientist-level chemist experienced in solid phase oligonucleotide synthesis, and analytics. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, creative scientist to be a vital member of our Development team.
- Perform synthesis, purification, and analysis of oligonucleotides
- Take part in sequence optimization design
- Develop oligonucleotide analytics to transfer to CMOs and CROs
- Perform bioconjugation, purification, and characterization of oligonucleotide conjugates
- Maintain and improve an internal database for managing and tracking oligonucleotides
- Present research findings in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Potential to train and supervise future oligonucleotide chemistry hires
- MS or PhD in Organic chemistry with 2-4 years of solid phase oligonucleotide synthesis experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing an oligonucleotide synthesis lab is a must
- GLP experience developing oligonucleotide purity, identity and duplex % assays for transfer to CMOs
- Demonstrated ability to design, and interpret sequence design results in order to produce highly potent SiRNAs
- Experienced in the synthesis, purification, and analysis of siRNA conjugates
- Experienced in developing HPLC, LCMS, and MALDI methods for analysis of oligonucleotides
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.
Empirico is a venture-backed, next-generation therapeutics company founded on utilizing huge biological datasets, human genetics and programmable biology to power novel target discovery and development. Empirico’s Precision Insights Platform was purpose-built for therapeutic discovery and leverages a world-leading dataset and advanced algorithmic approaches to identify and prioritize therapeutic targets with a high probability of translational success. High priority therapeutic targets are experimentally validated in-house prior to progressing through pre-clinical development with the most optimal therapeutic modality. Empirico is headquartered in San Diego, CA with laboratories in Madison, WI.
To all agencies: Please do not contact any employee of Empirico about this position. All resumes submitted by agencies to any employee of Empirico via-email or in any form and by any method will be deemed the sole property of Empirico, unless such agencies were engaged by Empirico for this position and a valid agreement is in place.
Empirico is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.