Software Engineer – Full Stack
Location: San Diego, CA
Position Description: Empirico, an early-stage biotechnology company, is looking for a talented software engineer that is motivated by the opportunity to build applications and user interfaces that empower our scientists to discover new medicines.
Your responsibilities will focus around the design and development of functional and elegant scientific applications and user interfaces. You will be expected to:
- Collaborate with a team of scientists and engineers to design, implement, and enhance applications and services that are critical to our scientific workflow
- Take an active role in defining the look, feel, and function of our platform
- Quickly take new ideas from mockup, to prototype, to a quality application or enhancement
- Identify and solve problems all along the stack
- Uphold a high standard of user experience, code quality, testing
- 2+ years of industry experience designing and developing modern web applications
- Sound knowledge of software design and architecture
- Experience developing server-side code in an object-oriented or functional programming language
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment and container frameworks
- Experience visualizing complex data in real-time a plus
- Experience working with cloud services a plus
- Functional programming experience a plus
- Experience with Scala and Play Framework a plus
- Preferably able to provide links to relevant open source projects or contributions
- Applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.
Empirico is a venture-backed, next-generation therapeutics company founded on utilizing huge biological datasets, human genetics and programmable biology to power novel target discovery and development. Empirico’s Precision Insights Platform™ was purpose-built for therapeutic discovery and leverages a world-leading dataset and advanced algorithmic approaches to identify and prioritize therapeutic targets with a high probability of translational success. High priority therapeutic targets are experimentally validated in-house prior to progressing through pre-clinical development with the most optimal therapeutic modality. Empirico is headquartered in San Diego, CA with laboratories in Madison, WI.
To all agencies: Please do not contact any employee of Empirico about this position. All resumes submitted by agencies to any employee of Empirico via-email or in any form and by any method will be deemed the sole property of Empirico, unless such agencies were engaged by Empirico for this position and a valid agreement is in place.
Empirico is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.