Software Engineer – Full Stack
Location: San Diego, CA
Position Description: Empirico, an early-stage biotechnology company, is looking for a talented software engineer that is motivated by the opportunity to build scalable data systems and applications that power the discovery of new medicines. You will work closely with a team of engineers and scientists to build and extend Empirico’s internal data platform, which include cloud-based systems, services, and web applications that help our scientists discover drug targets from some of the largest biological datasets in the world.
Your responsibilities will focus around extending and improving software systems throughout our stack:
- Collaborate with a team of scientists and engineers to design, implement, and enhance applications, services, and infrastructure that are critical to our scientific workflow
- Implement scalable algorithms in a distributed systems setting
- Identify and solve problems across our entire technology stack
- Take ownership of the code and subsystems that you work on
- Uphold a high standard of code quality, systems architecture, and testing
- Proven track record of relevant software and data science projects
- An interest in learning about the intersection of software engineering, genetics, and drug discovery
- Strong technical skillset that spans a broad range of technologies, programming languages, and paradigms
- Sound knowledge of software design and architecture
- Life-science and statistical analysis experience a plus, but not required
- Experience with AWS, Spark and Scala or other functional programming language is a plus
- Applicants must have authorization to work in the United States
Empirico is a venture-backed, next-generation therapeutics company founded on utilizing huge biological datasets, human genetics and programmable biology to power novel target discovery and development. Empirico’s Precision Insights Platform was purpose-built for therapeutic discovery and leverages a world-leading dataset and advanced algorithmic approaches to identify and prioritize therapeutic targets with a high probability of translational success. High priority therapeutic targets are experimentally validated in-house prior to progressing through pre-clinical development with the most optimal therapeutic modality. Empirico is headquartered in San Diego, CA with laboratories in Madison, WI.
To all agencies: Please do not contact any employee of Empirico about this position. All resumes submitted by agencies to any employee of Empirico via-email or in any form and by any method will be deemed the sole property of Empirico, unless such agencies were engaged by Empirico for this position and a valid agreement is in place.
Empirico is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.